Friday, March 23, 2012

Final Ideal

The time to plan out a final has come and I want to make a short music video that employs rotoscoping and effects. I want to make something that is influenced by music videos like the examples below. I want mine to a bit more on the mild side like some of the transitions in the Kid Cudi video. I also want to work within the lighting studio to give me more of a blank plate to build off of. I want to work with the song that I chose to make into a video to come up with the imagery that will be employed by the video.






3 comments:

  1. i couldnt make it through gravy rainbow....that was very strange....... do you have the song? What is it about? are you going to use photoshop and then do effects and compositing in AE?
    I like the rotoscope filled in (Heartless) but you have to watch out for details becoming really shaky
    The combination of rotoscope and film is really interesting in the Kid Cudi but you'd probably want to make sure to have a consistent style (Cudi's is very sketchy the line shakes alot while in heartless its more "paintbucketed" and the line doesnt move that much) and have really smooth transitions from one world to the next....I think this would make the final video be viewed more smoothly...If you get what I mean....
    I really want to know what song your going to use..... do you already have it in video form.....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any drawing will take some some time to do, but I think the puppeting like in Gravy rainbow can give you a lot of animation with a lot less. You said you're doing a short music video, but do keep in mind it will take a lot to animate even a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could hear the song to know if It would be cool if animated. I love the idea because I love music and visuals with sound is always a winner. I would just like to know more about what will be included.

    ReplyDelete